7th Grade Health Education (2013-2014)
New York State Health Education Learning Standards
Students will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for:
~Maintaining Personal Health and Fitness
~Maintaining a Safe and Healthy Environment
~Managing Personal and Community Resources
Participation/ Effort/ Cooperation 50%
Tests/ Classwork 40%
v Students will be expected to come to class prepared with a writing utensil and a Health section in their binder.
– Students should create a section in their Morning Binder (Period 4) or Afternoon Binder (Period 6) designated for Health. This section should always have loose-leaf paper for classwork and notes.
v It is my goal to assist students with organization when needed.
– Students are expected to bring agenda books to class everyday. In an effort to keep binders organized, students will have time to dispose of any handouts they will no longer need throughout the year.
v There is a large emphasis on student participation, effort, and cooperation in this class.
– Students are graded not only on engagement in class discussion and group work, but also on ability to cooperate and be respectful with peers.
v I hope to create a safe and comfortable environment where students will be encouraged to share their interests, ideas, thoughts and questions. I look forward to a new and exciting year!!!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns.
– (631) 878- 0162 Extension 787 Physical Education Office
– Please keep this form in the Health section of your binder.